Advocacy Coalition for Sustainable Agriculture (ACSA) is legally registered network of Civil Society organizations (CSOs), which work with smallholder farmers and promote Sustainable Agriculture, Agricultural market development, research and advocacy. This is aimed at increasing farmers` understanding of policy issues affecting small holder farmers in Uganda.
ACSA`s mandate is “advocating for the agrarian policy environment for small holder farmers in Uganda”. ACSA has membership of 29 spread country wide in the districts of Kampala, Wakiso, Mayuge, Mpigi , Mubende, Mityana, Mukono, Masaka, Lwengo, Kabale, Kanungu, Kasese, Hoima, Arua and Nebi.
- Improve the capacity of member organizations to advocate for farmer-friendly policies and programs that addresses the challenges of their enterprises.
- Support member organizations and their vulnerable groups in their efforts to promote sustainable agriculture and market access.
- To develop strategic partnerships with other actors with the aim of promoting and developing members’ sustainable agricultural enterprises.
- To promote practices that will assist farmers to adapt to climate change and establish conditions that increase agro ecosystem resilience to stress.
“To have relevant agriculture policies and services for smallholder farmers (SHFs) implemented to foster profitable sustainable agriculture enterprises”
As part of our strategic focus to progressively influence change in the agricultural sector and promote agri-business through targeted interventions, we ascribe to several core values to enable us to achieve our goals, these include;
- EQUAL PARTICIPATION
- LOVE AND CARE FOR THE EARTH
- Advocacy and lobbying ( policy and budget)
- Research and documentation
- Capacity building of Member Organizations (MOs)
- Capacity building of ACSA Secretariat
- Networks and partnership