Advocacy Coalition for Sustainable Agriculture (ACSA) is legally registered a network of Civil Society organizations (CSOs), which work with Smallholder farmers and promote Sustainable Agriculture, Agricultural market development, research and advocacy. This is aimed at increasing farmers` understanding of policy issues affecting small holder farmers in Uganda. ACSA`s mandate is “advocating for the agrarian policy environment for small holder farmers in Uganda”. ACSA has membership of 29 spread country wide in the Districts of Kampala, Wakiso, Mayuge, Mpigi , Mubende, Mityana, Mukono, Masaka, Lwengo, Kabale, Kanungu, Kasese, Hoima, Arua and Nebi.
MISSION: ” To empower civil society organizations working with small holder farmers to advocate for favorable AGRARIAN policy environment for sustainable agriculture communities”
VISION: ” Is a Small holder farmer living in a sustainable environment.”
GOAL: Relevant agriculture policies and services for small holder farmers (SHFs) are implemented to foster profitable sustainable agriculture enterprises”
- Improve the capacity of member organizations to advocate for farmer-friendly policies and programs that addresse the challenges of their enterprises.
- Support member organizations and their vulnerable groups in their efforts to promote sustainable agriculture and market access.
- To develop strategic partnerships with other actors with the aim of promoting and developing members’ sustainable agricultural enterprises.
- To promote practices that will assist farmers to adapt to climate change and establish conditions that increase agroecosystem resilience to stress.
- ACSA Member Organizations (MOs) and smallholder farmers influence the agrarian policy and budgeting processes at local and National level
- ACSA Member Organizations (MOs) have improved their capacity to access, generate and disseminate research and farmer based innovation for evidence based advocacy at local and national level
- Strategic Partnership and coordination is fostered among ACSA member organizations and other stakeholders for collective action towards improved service delivery by smallholder farmers are enhanced at local and national level.
- ACSA member organizations have enhanced their capacity to support smallholder farmers towards improved access to reliable and profitable markets
- ACSA secretariat is providing effective services to the member organizations(MOs).